Since 2013, Orexo has been commercializing its key product ZUBSOLV®, for treatment of opioid dependence, in the US. The company's own sales force covers large parts of the country and in 2020 an important milestone was reached when ZUBSOLV´S total gross sales, since start, exceeded USD 1 billion.
Orexo in brief
Orexo develops improved pharmaceuticals and digital therapies addressing unmet needs within the growing space of mental illness and addiction disorders. The products are commercialized by Orexo in the US or via partners worldwide. The main market today is the American market for buprenorphine/naloxone products, where Orexo commercialize its lead product ZUBSOLV® for treatment of opioid use disorder.
- Developed four commercial pharmaceutical products with worldwide approval
- Addresses unmet need within the growing space of mental illness and addiction disorders
- Broad product portfolio and development pipeline of traditional pharma products and digital therapies
- Strategic focus on portfolio expansion through development and licensing and M&A
- Strong financial position enables investment in future growth
- Top two largest shareholders ar Novo Holdings and HealthCap
One of the most important objectives has been to broaden the product portfolio to capitalize the US commercial organization. In 2019, a collaboration was initiated with GAIA, a world leader in the development of digital therapeutics, and in 2020, Orexo's product portfolio grew with three digital therapies.